A busy and tiring last fortnight. Made the most of the Autumn weather and had a couple of trips out to Perthshire. Both were glorious and really pleased with the camera and drone shots like the one below.
Also enjoying the new Apple Watch although I do have some niggles. Hope to get a post up later this week on the last 4 weeks of use.
Forza Horizon 4 is just fantastic. A blip last week stopped multiplayer working smoothly but it’s a realy fun game with loads to do and enjoy. However, it won’t get much playtime over the coming weeks…
Red Dead Redemption 2 came out Friday and it looks stunning on the Xbox One X. Proper 4k and HDR and so far it looks and plays really well. I’ve only put around 6 hours in and it does get off to a slow start but the game soon starts to unveil more depth and suddenly there is tons to do but all at your own pace.
- The Making of Rockstar Games’ Red Dead Redemption 2A small glimpse into Rockstar and how they make games.
- Red Dead Redemption 2’s labor controversy, explained – PolygonUgly side of these massive games – surely this needs to change?
- Did I Make a Mistake Selling Del.icio.us to Yahoo?Um, yes.
- 100 Websites That Shaped the Internet as We Know ItClassics…and I know most of them!
- How McLaren Learned to Treat its Formula One Pit Crew Like Athletes | WIREDPit stops are still hypnotic to watch.
- Raye Montague, the Navy’s ‘Hidden Figure’ Ship Designer, Dies at 83 – The New York TimesGreat story, how many other unknowns are out there?
- A Dark Consensus About Screens and Kids Begins to Emerge in Silicon Valley – The New York TimesYou can see why Google and Apple are adding more controls and also reports around how much we use these devices.
- Apple News’s Radical Approach: Humans Over Machines – The New York TimesApple’s approach is very different to almost everyone else.
- I Know the Salaries of Thousands of Tech Employees – Power Trip – MediumLove the transparency here. I wonder what the impact would be if saleries were no longer private?
- Time Traveler by Merriam-WebsterNew words from the year you were born. My fav’s (from 1973) – diskette, fact-check, quango.