Turned 45 last week. I have no words.
Early morning trip to Loch Ard today. Didn’t get the pictures I was looking for but did get some nice drone footage. Must make an effort with the video side of things – I’ve got a fair bit of good video now but can’t be arsed editing.
They Shall Not Grow Old – powerful documentary from Peter Jackson. Brought home the hardships faced during WW1. The transition from B&W to colour was astounding.
- Comics legend Stan Lee dead at 95 / Boing BoingWhat a gent…what a loss.
- Marvel Remembers the Legacy of Stan Lee – YouTubeI hope Marvel does something more fitting than this to remember his legacy.
- Delay, Deny and Deflect: How Facebook’s Leaders Fought Through Crisis – The New York TimesGreat reporting. Facebook looking dirtier by the day.
- Opinion | How Plato Foresaw Facebook’s Folly – The New York Times
Technology promises to make easy things that, by their intrinsic nature, have to be hard.
This doesn’t just apply to Facebook
- Quitting Instagram: She’s one of the millions disillusioned with social media. But she also helped create it. – The Washington PostI do enjoy Instagram but will start to focus back on to Flickr.
- Video manipulation: ‘I never said that’ – BBC NewsWhy face-mapping technology designed to improve TV dubbing is raising fears about fake news.Scary how good this technology has got. Getting to the stage you can’t trust anything you see or hear.
- Getting the iPad to Pro — by Craig ModGreat post on some of the area’s that Apple need to focus on next.
- Finally, woman who kept wartime shipyards running is honoured | HeraldScotlandGreat to see.
- How running ‘helped me to reach my clean Sundays’ – BBC NewsRonnie and Iain are both in recovery and are both running to help them feel “alive”.I loved running. Cleared my mind, gave me more focus. Hope to get back to it soon.
- A Brexit deal, a rebellion, and a cabinet torn apartWhat a week of politics…and what a complete mess the UK is in. Hard to spot a competent politician at the moment.
- Online abuse is a tawdry attempt to limit what we sayThe BBC, and society in general, needs to do better.
- How to Be a More Patient Person – The New York TimesEssential for me and so many others.
- Photos: The Ubiquity of Smartphones – The AtlanticAmazing what 10 years of change looks like.
- The Industrial Revolution was the most important event in history – VoxWow. What a chart.
- Puzzle Montage Art by Tim KleinLove these. So clever.
- Eric Chien 2018 Fism Grand Prix Act -Ribbon- – YouTubeNeed to watch this again in slow motion to try and spot what he does. Stunning.