A new update to WordPress is available today with over 50 fixes, mostly bugs. This is a small step towards the bigger upgrade that will be 2.1. As usual take a backup before proceeding of both files and the database. Today’s update was the first time I had to depend on the backup after I messed up during the update of a directory (so that’s what replace means).
I also took the opportunity to move to a new theme – Unsleepable. I liked the simplicity and while I was at it I reduced the posts displayed down to a more manageable number. I don’t have much design skills but this may be my last off the shelf theme in that I might start to hack my own css together in future. Maybe.
Lots of little things going on at the moment, best summarised with a list. Yep – not in a posting mood at the moment.
- Glasses finally (I hope) sorted. New right lens has made a big difference.
- Few days off work which is great – really need some time away from it.
- No big plans though – jobs round house mostly.
- K2 and WordPress updates have made things a bit nippier round here.
- Tidy up of blog also – removed some redundant pages/features.
- Ordered some new kit…NAS & USB drive to finally get my data and backup issues sorted. I’ll post results once gear is here and up and running.
- I hate wasps!
Source code for K2 has now moved to Google Code – visit kaytwo project to get latest code. There’s also a page at the wiki showing plugins that K2 supports. Time to upgrade…again.
Upgraded the site to a new theme – K2 from Michael Heilemann is a turbo charged theme for WordPress which is more than a theme – it’s a mod. Supports numerous plugins and comes with it’s own option panels. Currently still in beta and a little rough round the edge’s but like this theme I do. I’ll be updating more through the week with some new plugins and pages. For the moment there’s a few links that may be broke – they’ll be fixed soon enough.
Also moved all images from my host to Flickr. Makes cleaning up my web space a bit easier and hopefully future upgrades will be a lot tidier. It took a while but what else was there to do on a wet and windy day, apart from watching the cricket – I’ve become a closet test match watcher!