Too much social media angst. Instead thinking about money, pensions, shares…you know, really positive thinking 🙂
A quiet weekend so treated myself:
Batman Begins – Well made with great performances. A new darker Batman.
The Dark Knight – The best bad guy performance in a superhero film. Ledger lifts this and alongside a great story and some strong performances this still feels fresh despite it being 10 years old.
The Dark Knight Rises – Good but not great, the overall film just doesn’t land and despite the ball of rage that is Tom Hardy it doesn’t match The Dark Knight.
Watched them all in 4K and HDR. Batman Begins looked OK but the other two really shone especially the sections shot in IMAX format. There’s also an obvious difference between a 4K Blu-ray and 4K streaming. Tried some scenes on iTunes which was also 4K and HDR and the difference was notable.
- On Getting My Hair Checked By TSA – Great Escape – MediumThere’s a different world out there. Some of these stories are awful.
- The bluffocracy: how Britain ended up being run by eloquent chancers | The SpectatorThis column nails so much thats wrong with todays politics. Crooks and chancers.
- Why I Quit Twitter, a List – Derek Powazek – MediumWhat a list this is and many are hard to argue against. Shame.
- The real reason Twitter keeps tripping over itselfNeeds a management change.
- Talking Tech with Elon Musk! – YouTubeReally good video with Musk and Marques Brownlee. Brownlee’s videos are some of the best on the net at the moment.
- Elon Musk Details ‘Excruciating’ Personal Toll of Tesla Turmoil – The New York TimesBless but it’s hard to feel sorry for him.
- DVD ISO: connects att vision of the future 1993 att dvdr : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive25 years ago and AT&T put this video of the future together. Cheesy as hell but I’m pretty impressed at how close they’ve got with some of the predictions.
- After Hip Surgery, Andy Murray Struggles to Regain His Footing – The New York TimesI’m amazed at what he can still do on the court.
- ENHANCE.COMPUTERVisit this on Chrome…and good luck with getting it to work with accents or is it just me?
- How would English sound if it were phonetically consistent?It would sound pretty alien. Fun video which must have been hard to shoot.