Scorchio week, well it was for Glasgow. I like nice weather but it’s a bit too hot for me. Also a good week at work with some positive news after a lot of hard graft…although you wouldn’t know it looking at the loons on Twitter. Just shows you should ignore much of the opinions on there or at least question if they are truthful and from a reliable source.
The World Cup is eating up much of my time…and it’s been a cracker.
Reporting Trump’s First Year – loved this. First episode showed behind the scenes at the New York Times.
The Handmaids Tale – well made but it’s just so fucking grim. If it doesn’t reveal it’s hand soon I’m bailing.
Westworld – season 2 finale answered some questions but also posed quite a few more. Loved it.
- The Brexit Short: How Hedge Funds Used Private Polls to Make Millions – BloombergSurprise surprise
- ‘Where is the geezer?’ Danny Dyer rages at David Cameron over Brexit | Film | The Guardian
EastEnders star becomes unlikely icon for remainers after tirade against former PM
It’s that last ‘twat’ from Dyer. Brilliant.
- Speak for England, Danny Dyer. You’ve blown the lid on Brexit | Marina Hyde | Opinion | The GuardianHe’s not far wrong…and Corbyn has a lot to answer for as well.
- Neil Hamilton’s Ukip supergroup – alt-right Led Zeppelin or white supremacist A-Team? | Life and style | The Guardian
An Infowars starlet, a former Breitbarter, an anti-feminist vlogger and a man who taught a dog to do Nazi salutes have joined the disgraced politician in the far-right party. What’s the worst that could happen?
I thought this was a spoof…but it’s not! Dear oh dear.
- Where Is Barack Obama?Obama feels like a lifetime ago.
- The 919 Tribute Tour: On-board record lap, Nordschleife. – YouTubeWhat a lap. What a driver.
- Apple is rebuilding Maps from the ground up | TechCrunchMuch needed but have a small fear that they will be great in California. They are currently well behind in the UK.
- ‘It’s nothing like a broken leg’: why I’m done with the mental health conversation | Society | The Guardian
Must read – best of the week for me.
- Cindy Otis on Twitter: “Today seems like the right time to do a thread I’ve been thinking about for a while on how to handle the seemingly never-ending deluge of depressing and disturbing news. My tips are based on my time as a CIA military analyst in …Great thread with practical advice on looking after yourself and getting away from the news and social media which can be all too negative.
- Below the Surface – Archeologische vondsten Noord/Zuidlijn AmsterdamThe Dutch drained a canal and put everything they found online and made it easy to browse too. Brilliant.
- The Dunning-Kruger Effect: we are all confident idiotsFound myself nodding away to this one.
- Apple Engineers Its Own Downfall With the Macbook Pro Keyboard | iFixit
Why is Apple seemingly unable to fix their MacBook Pro keyboards? Here’s our two cents.
One grain of sand shouldn’t cause this much damage. Bad design.
- AI, Ain’t I A Woman?Powerful. How can AI get the obvious so consistently wrong…is it the programmers?
- Store Robbery – CTV Edmonton News
Slow burner but stick with it. Total WTF towards the end.
- Winners of the 2018 National Geographic Travel Photographer of the Year Contest – The AtlanticSome inspiring photo’s and more from the air than ever.