Week off work ahead as I turn another year older. It’s just a number, right? Picked up a new iPad Pro which so far has been a joy to use. More on that later in the week.
Outlaw King – a poor man’s Game of Thrones. Bit dull although Scotland shone throughout.
The Walking Dead – This season has been a bit of a return to form. This weeks was doing pretty well…but then they dropped the ball. Shame.
- Daring Fireball: The 2018 iPad ProsApple have got so much right with the new iPad’s
- Apple walks Ars through the iPad Pro’s A12X system on a chip | Ars TechnicaNew chips are beasts
- Nintendo’s New Games Are Miserable for People With DisabilitiesI always thought game consoles were levellers but how wrong I was. Shows why Microsoft’s recent controller makes such a difference.
- AI simulations of religious conflict show why humans fight — QuartzReligion’s across the world have so much to answer for.
- Cataclysmic wildfires burning through California leave behind scenes of utter devastation.The images have been haunting. Some remind me of The Walking Dead.
- ‘I’m sure Briony had a hand last week’ – BBC NewsLoved Briony on this years Bake Off. You could see her grow throughout the series – lovely to watch.
- BBC Breakfast on Twitter: “The power of silence: Using the real-life sound graph below The @I_W_M has recreated the ceasefire on the 11th of the 11th month 1918. #WWI #Armistice100 #WeWillRememberThem… https://t.co/oRo3mY81pV”Powerful stuff. Simulated but shows the sheer folly of war.
- How Dad’s Stresses Get Passed Along to Offspring – Scientific AmericanTried meditation before but it never stuck…time to try again?
- Bohemian Rhapsody – Marc Martel (one-take) – YouTubeWhat a voice. Wow.
- Guide to Computing — docubyteThese are glorious. So colourful compared to today’s devices.