Day 1 of the PS3 has seen mostly highs, a few lows and enough time to jot down some quick thoughts…
- The hardware looks fantastic
- Power brick is integrated and side by side with the 360 it’s not that much bigger
- It’s oh so quiet compared to the industrial noise coming from the 360
- It’s hot.
- Blu-Ray movies look great
- Flow isn’t up on the store – fools
- Rumble is a big miss – I guess by Christmas though that will be resolved
- Stripped down menu system is a joy to use
- Motorstorm is a great game both offline and on. Again online is pretty quiet as there’s no standard headset.
- It crashed once during an online game.
- The lack of an integrated online service like Live is a real step backwards when you try to meet up with friends and play online. Xbox Live is years ahead of this.
- For first gen games the graphics look really good.
- The charging cable for the pad is too short. Off to Maplin tomorrow to resolve that little issue.
I’m more impressed than I thought but I’ll play some more with the system before putting up a more extensive post.