Trailer week and for me it was a case of the good the bad and the ugly. Still not shifted the cold/cough and I had a throughly slow run yesterday which proved I’m well below par.
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens Official Teaser #2 – The Good. A great trailer and hit all the right notes – goosebumps were had. Also worth watching Matthew Mcconaughey’s reaction to the trailer and Fr. Roderick watches the Star Wars trailer. So good.
- Terminator Genisys Movie – Official Trailer 2 – The Bad. If you don’t want spoiled then avoid this trailer. Major twists and to be honest it looks a mess of a story now. Why couldn’t they have left it alone after Terminator 2?
- Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice – Official Teaser Trailer – The Ugly. The Dark Knight Returns is one of my favourite graphic novels and I always wished for a film version of it…but this isn’t it. To dark, too grim, too much CGI, too much Zack Snyder.
- Fatal silence: Why do so many fortysomething men kill themselves? Sombre viewing but well worth catching on iPlayer.
- The Cult of Work You Never Meant to Join
- The True Cost of Gun Violence in America
- OS X Reviewed – John Siracusa steps down from reviewing OS X. His reviews were long and detailed but a must read and they’ll be missed.
- The Eternal Return of BuzzFeed
- Star Wars Battlefront Reveal Trailer – looks to good to be true…and it’s from EA so firmly in the “I’ll believe it when I see it” camp.
- Reverse Engineering Wipeout – I loved Wipeout and seeing the original tracks in a browser brought back some fond memories. Still think it’s a missed opportunity that there’s no current gen Wipeout or anything even remotely similar.
- Enter Sandman – METALLICA Cover – The Warning
- Creep – Vintage Postmodern Jukebox Radiohead Cover ft. Haley Reinhart
This week – Avengers: Age of Ultron and hopefully an Apple Watch delivery. Toys!