Out and about with camera and drone this week. Semi pleased with the results but need to focus more on getting better results out of the camera and not Lightroom. Also got some new drugs this week that will help with one problem…but leave me with splitting headaches. Hopefully only for another week.
Re-watched Westworld in preperation for the new series tomorrow. Enjoyed it more the second time around as you appreciate some of the earlier episodes now that you are aware of some of the plot twists that come later.
God of War on the PS4. One of the best reviewed games in the last 6 months and it looks stunning. Only managed an hour with it but looking forward to more.
- How to send an ‘E mail’ – Database – 1984 – YouTubeAnd I complain when I get slow 4G!
- Landscape photographer races to finish decades of work – YouTubeLoved this, such dedication.
- Home Office destroyed Windrush landing cards, says ex-staffer | UK news | The GuardianScandalous. Why is no one carrying the can for this?
- James O’Brien’s Must-Watch Monologue On The Windrush Scandal – LBC
This is James O’Brien’s powerful criticism of Theresa May for her part in the Windrush scandal in which British citizens from the Caribbean have been deported.
It’s just under 3 mins and well worth listening to his words. Raging that this is happening in the UK today.
- Tesla says its factory is safer. But it left injuries off the books | RevealShocking. Everyone deserves to work in a safe environment.
- Iceland Takes Hard Look at Tech Boom Sparked by Its Cheap, Bountiful Power – WSJMadness.
- SmugMug snaps up Flickr photo service from Verizon’s Oath
SmugMug’s deal for Flickr, previously owned by Yahoo and then Verizon, should breathe new life into the photo sharing and storage pioneer.
Flickr was great back in the day and I’m still a member but Yahoo gutted it’s soul. However this gives me hope that with the right ownership it can become something great again.
- Ready Player One is the roadmap to digital dystopia – The Verge
The 2011 book can tell us a lot about how we arrived this moment in social media and online discourse, if you read between the lines.
The future is…bleak?
- I was one of the first people on Facebook. I shouldn’t have trusted Mark Zuckerberg | Julie Carrie Wong | Technology | The GuardianShould any of us trust him?
- Marvel Studios 10th Anniversary Tribute – YouTubeFan made summary of the last 10 years of Marvel…perfect watch before Avengers Infinity War which is out this week.