Great week off. Lots done, couple of trips out and about around Scotland and a couple of new toys as well. Made the best of the improving weather – finally feels like Spring!
Save Me finished strong, pleased it’s got a second series.
Deep State – enjoyable first episode. Well worth a watch.
- I offered to draw people. Then 5000 people said yes.
Over the last few days, I’ve said this line to myself hundreds of times. I’ve scrolled through name after name, studied bios, examined photographs, and then I’ve put pen to paper and started drawing…
Great story…be careful what you offer on Twitter!
- DNS Resolvers Performance compared: CloudFlare x Google x Quad9 x OpenDNS
A couple of months ago I did a performance comparison between some of the top free DNS Resolvers available. It was just after Quad9 had launched and I was trying to decide which one to use and…
Switched to CloudFlare this week and no issues…just rock solid and fast DNS.
- Outrageous! Cristiano Ronaldo scores his best-ever goal with insane overhead kick against Juventus – YouTubeAmazing goal…gets better every time you watch it.
- Making the Touch Bar finally useful :: By abandoning crappy Apple guidelines :: vas3k’s blogIf I had a Touch Bar MacBook I’d be doing this – love it.
- Justinfication on Twitter: “Wow, I’ve seen/heard a lot of MLK footage but this is the first time I’ve seen this interview. How profound this is. https://t.co/Lm8SR2z3bT”Powerful…must watch.
- Facebook Building 8 explored data sharing agreement with hospitals
Facebook’s Building 8 team approached top hospitals about a data-sharing agreement, but the plan has been put on pause after the Cambridge Analytica data leak scandal.
Facebook looking shadier as the days go by.
- Facebook retracted Zuckerberg’s messages from recipients’ inboxes | TechCrunchAnd speaking of shady.
- Twitter might wreck third-party apps in June – The VergeJust after this story broke Twitter said they wouldn’t make the switch in June and would give third party developers a 90 day notice of change…but I have the fear of what they will deliver. Hate the official Twitter app.
- The fall of Milo Yiannopoulos | Spectator USAGreat writing, hateful person.
- The End of Windows – Stratechery by Ben ThompsonMicrosofts strategic moves paying off…interesting to see Apple rumours pointing to one O/S as well.
- The dots do matter: how to scam a Gmail userI see a lot of this and I do think Google should do more.
- Nikon versus Canon: A Story Of Technology Change – Learning By ShippingThey both still have the market share but are so slow to move compared with Sony and Fuji.
- How to Find New Music You’ll Actually LikeI have access to more music than ever…and find discovery harder than ever.