Another week, another cold. This was a full on snot ridden mother of a cold but it’s passing now. Finally.
Watched Detroit this week. Powerful and hard to watch in places but magnificent at the same time. Caught up on the last few Star Trek Discovery episodes. Since it’s break it has really hit it’s stride with surprising twists and some great stories.
Also watched the first two episodes of Altered Carbon. It looks amazing but leans a little too much on Blade Runner. Not sure if it’s just a typical cop drama dressed in sci-fi clothes.
- The Government’s Own Brexit Analysis Says The UK Will Be Worse Off In Every Scenario Outside The EUOf course it does. Although like anything Brexit this is now being spun as a Remain plot. Sad.
- Mute | Official Trailer [HD] | Netflix – YouTubeLooks good, hopefully more Moon than Warcraft.
- Bitcoin, Blockchain, and the Trouble with ICOs | WIREDAnother week, another hot take.
- Australian teen skier Jade Hameister fires comeback at online trolls – CNN
She posted a photo of her holding a plate with a ham and cheese sandwich. “I made you a sandwich … now ski 37 days and 600 km to the South Pole and you can eat it.”
Eat that trolls.
- 2017 SKYPIXEL PHOTO CONTESTEvery year sees drone photography step up a level. Great pictures here.
- This Is Why Uma Thurman Is Angry – The New York TimesPowerful…how can that man still be in denial?
- Here’s Why Alexa Won’t Light Up During Amazon Super Bowl Ad – BloombergAmazon smarts again.
- Tractor Hacking: The Farmers Breaking Big Tech’s Repair Monopoly – YouTubeThis is how I feel about cars too – criminal that owners can’t look after their own equipment.
- The Power of RAW on iPhone, Part 2: Editing RAW – HalideUseful tips on how to take better photo’s on the iPhone.
- Yale’s Most Popular Class Ever: Happiness – The New York TimesSomething we all need…more happiness.
- Michael Mosley: ‘Forget walking 10,000 steps a day’ – BBC NewsI’ve never stuck to the 10,000 steps a day, but I do like to get 30 mins of activity a day either in chunks or with a longer walk. Need to keep active.