It’s 2018, same shit different year. No resolutions as such but I have a few things planned for the year that will hopefully play out.
Enjoying Gran Turismo on the PS4 more than I expected. PUBG is addivtive though, so close to first win today.
- Rocket in the Sky plus Accident. – YouTubeGreat dashcam video.
- The Worst Job in Technology: Staring at Human Depravity to Keep It Off Facebook – WSJHidden cost of policing the internet. Don’t think I could do it.
- Confessions of a Digital Nazi Hunter – The New York TimesAnother type of internet police.
- From inboxing to thought showers: how business bullshit took over | News | The GuardianBingo!
- A Message to Our Customers – Apple
An important message to our customers regarding iPhone battery and performance.
Rare mis-step from Apple on messaging. All these years people said they slowed their phone down and most said don’t be daft. Who’s daft now?
- Liverpool’s Rhian Brewster: ‘When I’m racially abused, I just want to be left alone’ | Football | The GuardianStill going on in 2018. Shameful.
- Donald Trump’s New York Times interview is scary to read – VoxRambling, incoherent…what a mess.
- Daring Fireball: The iPhone XMonths after it came out Gruber still finds lots to say on the iPhone X.
- Tech That Will Change Your Life in 2018 – WSJ
In 2017, technology spread its tentacles into our lives in ways we couldn’t have imagined. In 2018, expect the invasion to get even weirder—and more aggressive.
Could be a vintage year ahead.
- Kansas Man Killed In ‘SWATting’ Attack — Krebs on SecurityHorrendous.
- Powerful Hollywood Women Unveil Anti-Harassment Action Plan – The New York TimesGreat idea…and UK version coming soon too.
- The Problem with Muzak | Liz Pelly
We should call this what it is: the automation of selling out.
Hearing this as well. Not good.
- What Fitbit discovered from 6 billion nights of sleep dataReally impressed with the sleep tracking on my latest Fitbit.
- Sarah Silverman responds to troll by befriending him and paying for his medical treatment | The IndependentUplifting…there is another way.
- Smells Like Teen Spirit in a major key is an upbeat pop-punk songThis messes with your head. Didn’t expect it to sound so bright.
- Kernel-memory-leaking Intel processor design flaw forces Linux, Windows redesign • The RegisterWell done to The Register for breaking this.
- The 99 best things that happened in 2017 — QuartzIt wasn’t all bad you know.