It really is Christmas Eve and this is the last update for the year. Hopefully this post finds you well and I wish you all the best for the rest of the holidays and into 2019.
This is a bumper update too…and may be the last for a while so enjoy.
Red Dead Redemption 2 – Single player completed. Chris described it as a Tour de Force and I can’t disagree. A truly believable world that is so rich both graphically and due to the characters and their stories. The game isn’t without it’s issues including some predictable missions and also some repeating gameplay elements…and some not very intelligent enemies in some missions but these are minor niggles. This is the first single player game I’ve completed in years and I thoroughly enjoyed it.
Cobra Kai – cheesy as hell, terrible acting, bad writing but some funny moments
The Predator – not the best, just watch the original instead.
- Marmite sprouts? Why retailers are pushing the boundaries with festive food – BBC News
Nothing wrong with sprouts – leave them alone.
- Kelvin Court: A Glasgow icon at 80 and a warning for the future | HeraldScotland
Drive past this daily and it still looks magnificent.
- Glasgow Motorway Archive – Film of M8 & Glasgow Inner Ring Road (1974) – YouTube
So much has changed but so much still familiar. The M8 really did rip the heart out of Glasgow.
- Delete All Your Apps
2018 has been quite the year for the big internet companies.
- How I Quit Apple, Microsoft, Google, Facebook, and Amazon – Motherboard
Doubt I could do this for all of them although thinking of quitting Instagram despite the photo account going well.
- Dr. Elon & Mr. Musk: Life Inside Tesla’s Production Hell | WIRED
Grim…but what do we really know about the products we buy and how they are made?
- China: Emergence of a Trade Leviathan
Great visuals on the emergence of China over the last few decades.
- Happy Christmas, Britain – SNL – YouTube
Even the yanks are taking the piss now.
- LEAKED: Footage From Inside No. 10 Downing Street! – YouTube
- Brexit (2019) | Official Trailer | HBO – YouTube
- Frankie Boyle’s review of 2018: ‘Let’s forget Brexit and enjoy our last Christmas with running water’ | Politics | The Guardian
Perfect from Boyle.
- James O’Brien’s Most Talked About Moments Of 2018 – LBC
It has been a busy year for “the man who made radio viral”. And as the Brexit debate intensifies, here are James O’Brien’s best bits.
Depressing really. Brexit has brought out the racists and idiots.
- John Barnes tells BBC Breakfast racism in football ‘not improved’ – YouTube
John Barnes is so good in this short interview. Racism seems to be back in British football – was it ever really away? Just look at the nonsense with the Glasgow teams.
- Not Here to Dance | By Ada Hegerberg
Loved this – forget the idiot presenter and the twerk comment.
- Darkroom 4.0: The MacStories Review – MacStories
Great alternative to Lightroom on the iPad.
- My Must-Have iOS Apps, 2018 Edition – MacStories
A must read list of the best current iOS apps.
- My Must-Have Mac Apps, 2018 Edition – MacStories
And here’s the Mac equivalent – both have some good recomendations.
- What’s the recipe for a Christmas number one? – BBC News
Does it include sausagemeat and pastry?
- 2018 Movie Trailer Mashup – YouTube
So well done – how many have you seen?
- Behold Arguably The Most Spectacular Photo Of NASA’s Shuttle Carrier Aircraft Ever – The Drive
I had an Airfix model of the Shuttle and it’s Carrier when I was young. So pleased to see the Shuttle in the flesh four years ago in Washington.
- Package Thief vs. Glitter Bomb Trap – YouTube
Speaking of NASA, how awesome is this. How fecking brazen are the thiefs?
- Hate To Break It To You, But The Amazing Glitter Bomb Package Video Is Pretty Much Staged
Too good to be true – well done Internet.