One week until I get some time off which will mean more physical work around the house but some much needed downtime from work work. Like most folk in the UK my reading this week has become more political. 6 weeks from now it will all be over, but until then:
- Analysis: Nicola Sturgeon delivers a speech that will frame an election – the SNP have become the only real alternative to austerity in the UK. Labour should be ashamed.
- How Scotland’s Economy Contributes to the UK – some interesting statistics on Scotland’s economy, especially in the light of the surge of SNP support and the seemingly inevitable prospect of another independence vote in the next 5 years no matter what happens in May.
- A question for Ed and David: are you scared to talk about policies? – biggest surprise from the first televised debate wasn’t Miliband but the lack of any substance.
- Cassetteboy – Emperor’s New Clothes rap – too good.
- The War Over Who Steve Jobs Was
- Brent Schlender and Rick Tetzeli: Meet the Author – Authors of Becoming Steve Jobs speak to John Gruber
- Apple’s Tim Cook leads different – good interview with Tim Cook who is giving away his fortune and definitely thinks differently to Steve Jobs.
- Comparing my Fitbit One and iPhone 6 – with the Apple Watch coming soon and their reluctance to share data with Healthkit I’m more and more thinking of moving away from Fitbit.
- The Shut-In Economy
- Follow the White Ball – The New Yorker profiles Ronnie O’Sullivan – a great read.
- Bloodborne Review: Scarlet Letter – First AAA for the PS4?
- How To Traffic, v2 – an amazing guide to traffic issues in Cities: Skylines from an actual traffic planner.
- Spectre Teaser Trailer – great teaser for the new Bond film.
- TARS and CASE – Interstellar [Behind the scenes] – great insight into Interstellar
- Obama talks ‘The Wire’ with show’s creator, says favorite character is Omar
- The Last Hours of Laura K – launches tomorrow.
2 thoughts on “Backpocket”
I ditched my Fitbit and bought a Withings Pulse for this exact reason. Don’t understand why they are fighting the Apple ecosphere, they will lose.
Totally agree, fighting losing battle. Saw this syncing app – https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/health-sync-for-fitbit/id972442064?ls=1&mt=8 – in the Fitbit forums today so I’ll give that a try over moving to a new platform. I’m convinced they will eventually support Healthkit after there market starts to sink but by then probably too late.