Busy this week capped by slipping yesterday morning on an icy step. Old duffer. No lasting damage but a scraped arm and bashed leg. Lucky. Also lucky that I didn’t smash my camera and it was the tripod plate that took the impact which gouged a chunk of metal out of it. Shows how easy it can be to have a nasty fall.
Still enjoying Battlefield 1 although some of the rounds can be just brutal. Also spun up Halo to play some old map remakes…wish I could say it was fun but. No.
Started watching Atlanta – very good. Also enjoyed the first episode of The Grand Tour, more so because of the 4K HDR cars than Clarkson and his merry men. It was just a more expensive Top Gear. If thats your thing, great. If you were getting jaded of the old format then there isn’t much different here.
- Louise Mensch’s claims that Thomas Mair had an unfair trial are unsupported and wildly dangerous
- Russian propaganda effort helped spread ‘fake news’ during election, experts say
- We Tracked Down A Fake-News Creator In The Suburbs. Here’s What We Learned
- The Speculative Dread Of “Black Mirror”
- Climate change: three tales about extraordinary insanity
- 6 new technology rules that will govern our future
- The Reverse of the Halo Effect – Three days before the Apple news regarding the router team came out I moved to Netgear routers in the house replacing my ageing Apple kit. Faster and more capable, wish I had done it sooner. Not got me thinking…what next?
- The new MacBook Pro is kind of great for hackers – A different view on the flexibility of the new MacBook Pro.
- Apple may have finally gotten too big for its unusual corporate structure – Good read and some explanation behind some of Apple’s apparent missteps.
- “Designed by Apple in California” Book With Actual Products – Great video of the new Apple Book with actual Apple products. Fun.
- Time – The Most Influential Images of All Time – You’ll recognise many of the photo’s but the stories behind each are worth reading. Some are quite tragic and show how quickly things have changed in our lifetimes.
- OK Go – The One Moment – Great as normal but worth taking in the behind the scenes video too.
- Quick Draw – Can a neural network learn to recognize doodles?
See how well it does with your drawings and help teach it, just by playing.
- No Man’s Sky: Foundation Update – Release notes here and it’s quite the update. Hello Games have taken a lot of flack but this is quite the update and will draw back players. Well done.