Enjoying the World Cup so far. Good games, couple of surprising results and no fan trouble either.
Tragedy at the Glasgow School fo Arts with a second fire in 4 years this one far worse than in 2014. Hopefully the building can be saved and/or restored…it’s too important to lose.
Westworld season 2, episode 8. One of the best so far.
- The 25 best game trailers from E3 2018 – The VergeSome great trailers, but this felt like an E3 waiting for new hardware rather than one delivering for current consoles.
- Cyberpunk 2077 – official E3 2018 trailer – YouTubeCyberpunk was the standout game for me but by all accounts it’s at least 2020 before anyone will play it and probably on the next generation of console and high end PC’s.
- Rogue Amoeba – Under the Microscope » Blog Archive » On The Sad State of Macintosh HardwareWhen you see a post like this laying out how old the current Mac hardware is it’s hard to recommend a Mac to anyone. Shameful. I do hope Apple updates some of the Mac’s in the next few months.
- Tesla workers say they pay the price for Elon Musk’s big promises | Technology | The Guardian
There’s something not quite right with Tesla.
- Oil Industry Copes With Climate Impacts As Permafrost Thaws : NPRWow. Didn’t know this was going on. Climate really is fecked.
- Andy Murray column: How I’ve recovered from lowest point of career – BBC SportGreat to see him back. 6-8 hours of rehab every day isn’t fun.
- George Lucas reveals his plan for Star Wars 7 through 9—and it was awful | Ars TechnicaThanks goodness we got Force Awakens instead as this sounds complete shit.
- Banks close 2,900 branches in three years, says Which? – BBC News60 branches a week! I knew banking was changing but not at this rate. For some communities with no banks, especially for the elderly or poor, what do they do?
- Listeners Labelled This Call From A Ukipper To James O’Brien The Greatest Call Ever – LBCWow. It would be funny if it wasn’t so tragic.