Better week, good weather although could do with being a wee bit cooler. Never liked too much heat. Also enjoying Linode and a wee bit of scripting. Likely move all online accounts to Linode over the coming weeks.
Finally caught up on Kenny, a documentary on Kenny Dalglish. Loved it and well worth catching while still on iPlayer.
Also enjoying the new Chvrches album, really good.
- How Fortnite conquered the world | Games | The GuardianDidn’t expect this when Fortnite first came out. Bit random, clone of PUBG and wasn’t sold on the accuracy of it all. Roll on a few months and its the daddy and PUBG are suing. Wow.
- What It’s Like When Elon Musk’s Twitter Mob Comes After YouSad. Musk is a genius but on Twitter at least is coming across like a Trump or Assange.
- Internet Trends Report 2018
Internet Trends 2018 Report – Mary Meeker, Code Conference May 30th, 2018.
Geek out on this report. Summary…smartphone growth flat, China is the market to be in. Love seeing this every year.
- We bought 5,000 Panini World Cup 2018 stickers and still didn’t complete the album
Got, Got, Need
World Cup is only days away and this is the best take on it so far.
- Richard Madeley cuts off Gavin Williamson after he repeatedly dodges question on Russia – YouTubeDetest Madeley but fair play to him. Williamson is one of the worst politicians in years and thats saying something.
- How Apple Programmer Sal Soghoian Got Apps Talking to Each Other | WIREDGreat profile and a nice read before WWDC hits.
- Looking for Life on a Flat Earth | The New YorkerI just don’t get this.
- Why You Should Stop Being So Hard on Yourself – The New York TimesLove this, so much rings true.
- Eerie silence falls on Shetland cliffs that once echoed to seabirds’ cries | Environment | The GuardianShocking decline over the last 10-20 years.
- At times I can’t tell where I end and my migraines begin | Eva Wiseman | Life and style | The GuardianThis describes exactly what a migraine feels to me. They are so impacting but like the author sometimes it’s easier just to try and get through it….shouldn’t do it.
- Bye, Chrome: Why I’m switching to Firefox and you should tooAgreed.
- How Instagram’s algorithm works | TechCrunchClever and all that, but let me pick chronological if I want to. Fuckers.