The Beast from the East was quite the thing. Don’t think I’ve seen snow like that since I was a kid. The snow looks lovely at first but bored with it now. Decided to take the bus into work on Wednesday which didn’t show so an interesting 3 mile walk into work…only to be sent home 40 minutes later. Still the thaw has finally started…slowly.
Save Me on Sky – best start to a new drama in a long time. Looking forward to the rest of the series (all available now as a box set if you can’t wait).
- Chadwick Boseman Surprises Black Panther Fans While They Thank Him – YouTubeStill thinking about Black Panther and this will put a smile on your face if you’ve watched it or not. Spoiler free!
- Trump Stuns Lawmakers With Seeming Embrace of Comprehensive Gun Control – The New York TimesGuy’s a loon. Folk around the table didn’t know if he was beign serious. Idiot.
- Twitter is rethinking everything. At last.
Jack Dorsey got brutally honest all of a sudden.
An honest tech CEO. Wow.
- Photos: The “Beast From the East” Freezes Europe – The Atlantic
A blast of freezing weather called the “Beast from the East” has gripped most of Europe this week, bringing snowstorms and icy conditions as far south as the Mediterranean.
Wasn’t just the UK that got hit by the beast.
- Nintendo Switch, one year on • Eurogamer.netOne year on…great console. Maybe I should get my first thoughts post done!
- Revisiting The Wire 10 years on | Den of GeekTime for a rewatch soon.
- Notes on the Kelpies – Bigmouth Strikes AgainThis would be great. Really need to visit them – never been.
- James Bond, cricket and King Arthur feature on new 10p coins revealed by Royal MintCringe. Celebrating queueing. Feck me. Little fucking Britain.
- Why I Quit Google to Work for Myself – Silly BitsProblem of any big company. Good read.
- 10 Breakthrough Technologies 2018 – MIT Technology ReviewSome tech to keep your eyes on.
- How To Beat Procrastination (backed by science) – The Blog Of Darius Foroux – MediumEveryone suffers it…and here’s how to beat it. Now, about that Switch review.
- Amazon is complicit with counterfeiting (updated) | ElevationLabAmazon have been complicit for years. Similar happened with the fidget cube and other products.