Autumn has landed – from a gorgeous day on Saturday to…well…shitty rain and wind. Glad I got out and about up North yesterday and saw some of the Autumn colours.
Also been using the new Apple Watch for over a week now and really enjoying it. Big upgrade (for me) over the Series 0.
Doctor Who – great first episode. Jodie Whittaker nailed it, the writing and story were pretty good and the reworked music also landed.
Ant-Man and the Wasp – watchable follow up although nothing very original about it.
Forza Horizon 4 – stunning looking game. Set in the UK and really enjoyable first few days with it, even if the streets are too clean.
- HMS Queen Elizabeth first deck landings | Royal Navy – YouTubeFinally…been a long journey.
- Patrick Kielty on Twitter: “Dear @BorisJohnson, There is no better Brexit when it comes to the Good Friday Agreement and Northern Ireland. As you still seem bamboozled by all this Paddywackery here’s a few pointers for your next stab in the dark -… htGreat read from someone that actually understands the issue with borders in Ireland. Tired of the fakers talking constant bullshit.
- One Small Step for the Web… – Tim Berners-Lee – MediumInteresting…hopefully this leads to something of substance.
- Opinion | A Wise Man Leaves Facebook – The New York TimesGreat article on whats going on at Instagram.
- Six years in the making – YouTubeEmotional video from Chris on the lows and highs as he clinched his first championship.
- iPhone XS: Why It’s A Whole New Camera – HalideDetailed breakdown on why the XS camera is a big step up on the X. Tempting to upgrade but I’ll stick with the X for another year.
- Apple Park | FlickrThe detail of this model is jaw dropping.
- Voice Phishing Scams Are Getting More Clever — Krebs on SecurityBe careful out there. Scams are getting ever more believable.
- The death of Sheku Bayoh brings shame on Scottish justice yet again | Kevin McKenna | Opinion | The GuardianNeeds to be a public enquiry on this. Shameful.
- Wi-Fi now has version numbers, and Wi-Fi 6 comes out next year – The VergeAnother finally. The letters never made sense…hear that Apple?
- The split-second choreography of a long one-shotSo good. The effort to capture this shot is amazing. I would have sworn this was some camera trick rather than lots of people, a great set and some slick timing.
- Star Trek DiscoverySeason 2 looking good.
- Native Argentine Landscapes Explored in New Hand-Tufted Rugs by Alexandra Kehayoglou | ColossalThese look so good but if you need to ask the price you can’t afford them.